There are many ways you can join the movement to #AbolishFrontex…
Organise an action and share it using #AbolishFrontex
From organising vigils for those killed by the EU’s border regime; to targetting arms companies profiting from the militarisation of borders; to reclaming public space with posters, banners and artistic interventions; to disrupting decision-making and lobbying events with occupations, noise demos and creative protests – there are hundreds of ways to take action against Frontex and the system it represents.
Here are some examples of past actions groups have taken:
- Demonstrations for example at key points for migration regime (migration agencies, Frontex offices, deportation centres, arms companies…)
- Banner drops
- Poster actions
- Flyer distributions
- Open letters
- And many more!
Join or start a local group
People have been taking action against the EU’s border regime and the forces that keep the system in place for years. Find out about groups who are taking action near you for example in the movement to legalise people who move and the struggle against detention centres, deportations, the militarisation of borders and other structures of colonial capitalism.
Which actors are involved in upholding Frontex and the system it represents?
- Frontex offices
- European Union institutions
- Airlines involved in deportations
- Detention centres
- National border and migration authorities
- International organisations
- Arms and security companies shaping the EU’s border policies profiting from militarisation
- Partnership academies (police and military) for training border guards
- Education institutions involved in the European Joint Master in Border Management
- Academic institutions cooperating with Frontex on research.
Download resources for actions including posters, sticker designs, social media images and videos here.
For research, articles and reports see each page under “What we’re calling for“.